When something you make has had time and effort spent designing, engineering, and polishing, you want to make sure that the end result is perfect and that it sells your product.
The problems with just taking a photo are:
- The colours reflected from different light sources
- The depth of field you can achieve without having to up the ISO
- The harshness of the light
- The gradient of light across the subject
- The reflection of you taking the photo
When you manufacture a product, you want it to get to market, and you want people to want your product. Having a product image that creates a ‘want’ is what we all strive for, and as a professional photographer, I want you to achieve this. I need to make sure that you get a return on investment for every penny you spend with me and sometimes you just need my advice in doing this. If you’re interested in finding out more then check out the product photography page here.
See the sample below with the ‘just a photo’ on the left and the professional photo on the right and slide the bar between them.